• Balasaheb Desai College N.S.S. Unit Establishment : 1973-74
• No. of N.S.S.Unit : 02
• N.S.S. Volunteers : 200
• N.S.S. Programme Officers : 02
• Balasaheb Desai College N.S.S. Advisory Committee:
Dr. S.D. Pawar (Principal)
Dr. P. D. Kamble
Mr. S.S. Pawar
Dr. Mrs. H.V. Kate
Dr. L.S. Bhingardeve
Mr. A.L. Mohite
Dr. S.S. Yadav
• To work with and for the people.
• To participate in constructive & productive social work.
• To develop self knowledge & the knowledge of society .
• To use knowledge for solving problems in society
• To gain leadership in democracy
• To diminish the gap between literate & illiterate
• To enhance the feeling of cooperation for the weak sector of society
• To run social awareness programme such as Swachha Bharat Abhiyan.
• To provide opportunities to the students for their personality development through community services
• To provide opportunities to the students to involve in community services
• To create health awareness in society.
• To motivate the people for rural development.
• To run programmes for Social, Educational, Economic and Cultural development.
♦ N.S.S. Highlights 2012-2017
• Awards for N.S.S. Unit - 01
• Best N. S. S. Camp Awards - 01
• Programme Officer Awards - 01
• We organized Adventure Camp
• We organize District level N. S. S. Camp at Keral, Tal. Patan
• Government of Maharashtra - Higher education and technical department awarded our unit as the Best NSS Unit Award and our program officer, Mr. D.D. Thorat as the Best Programme Officer Award in June 2012.
• Shivaji University, Kolhapur awarded our NSS unit as first rank NSS unit in the university.
♦ Innovative Activities
• Different Innovative Activities are organized by N.S.S. unit of our college in collaboration with Rotary Club Patan.
♦ Particulars of Innovative Activities through N.S.S.
Checking of Haemoglobin, checking of blood groups, free medicine camp, tree plantaion program etc. activities are organized by our NSS unit in colaboration with Rotary Club, Patan
Department of Zoology and NSS unit of our college spread awareness about the dangers of anaemia in the near by villages of Patan tahsil by analyzing haemoglobin reports in collabration with Rotary Club, Patan. Rotary Club, Patan and medical associaion patan offered free medication for the affected anaemic women.
Chemistry department of our college with NSS unit has made soil and water testing for farmers in the near by villages of Patan tahsil, particularly the farmers of Tolewadi village, the village which has been adopted by our NSS unit.
♦ Activities of N.S.S.
Total 201 students are admitted in two units of N.S.S in our Institute. In the year 2014-15 in our Institute following activities are performed.
1 ) Inauguration of N.S.S .
2 ) Independence day Celebration, Flag Hoisting and Campus cleaning
3 ) Teachers Day
4 ) International Literacy Day
5 ) AIDS Awareness.
6 ) Poster presentation Competition on the occasion of the World Population day
7 ) NSS day
8 ) Cleaning activities and tree plantation on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayati.