• Balasaheb Desai College N.S.S. Unit Establishment : 1973-74
• No. of N.S.S.Unit : 02
• N.S.S. Volunteers : 200
• N.S.S. Programme Officers : 02
• Balasaheb Desai College N.S.S. Advisory Committee:
Dr. S.D. Pawar (Principal)
Mr. A.L. Mohite
Mr. S.D. Gaikwad
Miss. I.S. Salunkhe
Miss.D. S. Jamdade ( Student Representative)
Mr.P. A. Dongale ( Student Representative)
Mr.P. L. Jadhav
• To create health awareness in society.
• To motivate the people for rural development.
• To run programmes for Social, Educational, Economic and Cultural development.
• To work with and for the people.
• To participate in constructive & productive social work.
• To gain leadership in democracy
• To diminish the gap between literate & illiterate
• To enhance the feeling of cooperation for the weak sector of society
• To provide opportunities to the students for their personality development through
• Government of Maharashtra - Higher education and technical department awarded our unit as the Best NSS Unit Award and our program officer, Mr. D.D. Thorat as the Best Programme Officer Award in June 2012.
• Shivaji University, Kolhapur awarded our NSS unit as first rank NSS unit in the university.
Awards for N.S.S. Unit - 01
• Best N. S. S. Camp Awards - 01
• Programme Officer Awards - 01
• We organized Adventure Camp
• We organize District level N. S. S. Camp at Keral, Tal. Patan